Friday, January 31, 2014

nutulaulud


I’m rain and you – you are the Sun,
Attractive, always having fun.
You make all people melt near you,
Heartbreaker, unawares, it’s true!

 

You are the Sun and  I am rain.
You’re hot, that’s why you cause me pain.
One smile from you can make me glad,
Your smile is rare, that’s why I’m sad.
 

Yes, Sun and rain, they rarely meet,
Still happens that they sometimes greet.
Must be apart, though souls are one
And so, when rain is near the Sun

 

A wonderful rainbow, always worth seeing
As a symbol of consistency comes into being.

 
*

 

How come that I’m so fool, so fool –
Just can’t help thinking about you.
How come you’re always on my mind,
It’s peace that I now want to find.
You’ve got real infuence on me
Though you’re so far, please, set me free.
 

I’m striving for your admiration,
Your love for me is my creation.
I guess ...I guess you even might
At once when I am out of sight
Forget me quite indifferently –
Why do I think of you then gently?
 

I’m young, my daily thoughts have gone,
Instead I feel like some John Donne.
Near you I sharply feel my age
But I can turn another page
When, far away, I think of you,
Then seems like I’m of your age, too.
 

At first I need to learn so much,
Must give my mind the final touch.
The only bridge from me to you
Is knowledge and „below the Moon“
There is no place for me and you,
I hoped so once, but I was fool.
 
*

 

Where is the happy angel
That used to live in me
So cheerful, calm and tender
So sweet it used to be
 

When was my soul abandoned
Who stole my luck and joy
I never can believe that man
For fate is just a toy
 

Oh, earlier I knew I was
At least it seemed to me
Invloved in life, a part of it
And in some way more free
 

Now everything is different
There is no pleasure left
And doing something for myself
Sometimes seems like a theft
 

The things that matter to me much
Are nonsense for the rest
And I can see no reason in
All that for them is best
 

 *


This day was like a happy end
To all that I have had
It brought me back my old good times
I once again was glad
Those words, those words ran in my head
That doleful melody
Your accidental slip of tongue
It told me much, you see
But time, how funny, changes all
There’s left no more to tell
Have I grown up or what is it
My prince of dreams, farewell

(sweet sixteen)

No comments:

Post a Comment